HERA Beam Dynamics Meeting / Minutes : 10.02.2005
D.Barber, M.Bieler, J.Keil, E.Kot, M.Minty, E.Negodin, U.Schneekloth,
- Summary of last weeks machine studies
- tests of p-auto-pilot :
tests at injection very successfull, problems with SumTuneBump solved
(HEMAG), further tests at ramp impossible due to problems with
⇒ ask S.Brinker for a presentation on tests
- dial in p-lumi-ORM-corr and take test ORM :
Problems due to sign-ambiguities ⇒ >100% beta-beat ⇒
no file saved
07.02.05_a : improved corrections dialed in ⇒ OK
⇒ HC-Lumi-920-Lumi-28-07.02.05;3 ⇒ seems fine !!!
⇐ no validation with new ORM possible so far
(requires small total Ip)
- establish e- and e/p-files for RotatorHelicity=(-,-,-) :
went pretty smooth (and actually fast!)
- test-lumi 10-on-12 :
untypically small Ls, so probably not representative
⇒ shoudl be redone !
- e-SyLi-Monitor tests : successfull
- measurement of e-dispersion in lumi file : skipped
⇒ successfully measured at end of run 10.02.05_a
- First ideas for machine studies in March
- take an ORM in p-lumi to verify last weeks ORM-corrections
- measure geometric proton aperture to compnesate systematic BPM offsets
- measure polarization vs. verrtical dispersion bump amplitde
- Ideas for polarisation experiments atend-of-run (instead HD-run)
- commission DepolKicker !!
- redo Pola-vs-BB experiment from
probably with the modification of setting the HTC not on the coherent tune of the
colliding bunches but where approximately the incoherent central tune of the colliding bunches is !
HERA BeamDynamicsMeeting homepage,
DESY homepage ,
MPY homepage ,
Machine Status .